John Battelle has lots of yummy stats about Google's finances...
- nearly 17% of visitors click on ads.
- Google makes an average of 54 cents a click.
- Google makes on average nearly a dime from the average US search
Though Danny Sullivan makes a guest appearance in the comments to say the figures may be off (if they did not take in account for contextual ads).
Trellian Seasonal Keyword Research:
Out of touch with the season?
One of my favorite authors gives a speech (about a month old, but his stuff is always good)
Laptops & Porn:
always a bad idea...
How it will change everything...or will it? I think there is a ton more to the world than just registering a name. Sure people will easily be able to link up regular publications and products to web locations, but the reason Amazon is successful is not just its product offering or customer service, but the rich feedback past consumers have left in their system. I think our social interactions and the trails we leave on the web are worth a ton more than this article seems to believe.
Mobile People Search:
US to use electronic passports.
I think the links and attention you get from RSS subscribers will have more longterm value than their cost. If hosting costs are killing you go with Blogger or find a host who wants some cheap marketing (a hosted by link on your site).
Its not uncommon for businesses to have loss liters. If many of your readers / RSS subscribers also provide you tons of links then maybe you should look at the bandwidth as an advertising expense.
Those Random Late Night Purchases:
Internet Accelerator may help you
download pages rack up credit card bills quicker.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips