A bunch of goodies recently. I still have about 5 pages worth of links saved up, but figured it was a good time to share some of the new and the old. Rather than pounding out 10 blog posts I figured it would be easier to write a nice list of attention worthy items.
- The Google AdWords Keyword Tool now displays numerical estimates for search volumes, rather than range bars that they showed in the past.
- Eric Enge recently interviewed Yahoo! Search's Priyank Garg. If you read one SEO article today read that one! His past interviews of Bob Massa and Matt Cutts are not to be missed either.
- The fine folks at Conversion Rate Experts just re-launched their site.
- Yahoo! Search BOSS is an attempt at opening Yahoo! Search up to third party start ups and niche players which can add their own flavor to Yahoo!'s index. More coverage at SearchEngineLand.
- I was recently interviewed by Dave at Red Fly Marketing.
- This datapoint was from a while back, but a 100ms delay cost Amazon.com 1% of sales.
- When Microsoft offered up their Live Search cashback program, eBay initially offered 35%. Many merchants started selling cash on eBay such that they and the customer could split the cash difference at Microsoft's expense, even Matt Cutts was promoting that eBay offer! Slightly Shady SEO explains why Google is untouchable, and Microsoft doing things like killing their book search project undermines their ability to build goodwill in acadamia.
- This ProBlogger video shows how you can embed Amazon product ads inside a video. Exceptionally compelling strategy for affiliates aiming to sell high priced software and things like digital cameras, especially if they have a loyal following.
- About a month ago Rand highlighted a good link building tip ... ask for links in customer invoice emails. Probably works great if you sell gadgets to techies.
- Patrick Altoft recently shared this tip about how to check if your site got hacked.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.