The free software foundation said on Tuesday it would start adapting rules for development and use of free software by including penalties against those who patent software or use anti-piracy technology.
The idea is that if someone uses software patents against free software, that company or person loses the right to distribute that particular programme and use it in their product, he added.
Stallman will write a draft version of the new GPL by December, after which it will be evaluated and discussed by thousands of organisations, software developers and software users in 2006.
The draft version may contain a proposal to penalise those companies which use digital rights management (DRM) software which protects songs and films against piracy, and which is seen as an anomaly by the free software association. source
Instead of pushing DRM some artists / programmers / writers / information sellers realize that they can build a stronger bond with the consumers by adding value added products and services.
As individuals better understand the web & are more freely willing to express themselves the need for gate keepers diminishes.
Cory Doctorow gave a great speech on DRM June 2004.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.