Here's a review of tools we use every day at SEOBook.
No affiliate stuff - we use and recommend these tools because, well, they rock!
Camtasia - Screen Recording Software
What it does: records on-screen demonstrations.
What we use it for: we use it for our training videos
Why we like it: creates high quality demonstrations, yet the file size remains small. Intuitive recorder function. You don't need to read the manual in order to start being productive with it.
SmartDraw - Business Diagram Software
What it does: helps you create flowcharts, org charts, timelines, graphs etc
What we use it for: we draw a lot of flow charts
Why we like it: point and click simplicity. Once you get the hang of it, which doesn't take long, you can create professional flowcharts very quickly. Saves a lot of time.
What it does: stores all your passwords securely, fills out forms, auto login to websites
What we use it for: password stuff
Why we like it: secure, allows fast logins to sites
What it does: backs up your data, cheaply and securely, over the net
What we use it for: Backing stuff up
Why we like it: you install it, then forget about it. It's also pretty cheap.
What it does: screen capture.
What we use it for: manipulating the graphics at the top of the blog posts.
Why we like it: simple, elegant utility that is easy to use.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.