Rant about Hotel:
Part of Ian's experience involves a lack of quality sleep leading up to his departure. At some points in time, the hotel where the WMW conference was held had air conditioning that was so cold that you wanted to borrow a coat off someone. At other times the same hotel had me sweating just standing around (even when sober).
I also paid for a wireless connection and a wired internet connection while I stayed there. Frequently neither worked. When I called the desk to ask about it I was assured that I would not be charged for the time the services were down, and when I checked out they still charged me. I still need to write the people at that hotel a nastygram or reverse the credit card charge.
I am not usually one to complain about a hotel, but that hotel sucked. When you are putting together conferences of that size a bit more thought needs to go into where it is held.
Other Recent Important Stories:
Sandra Day O'connor, one of the US supreme court justices just announced her retirement. This has huge implications for how laws can be wrote and what laws will remain legal.
Today is also the day of Live8, where there are a network of concerts and meetings around the world aimed pushing the largest countries to end poverty in some of the poorest countries.
Sure Technorati is just a small snapshot of what is going on in the world, but the fact that NickW, Danny Sullivan, Brett Tabke, and company helped push a story to be more visible than ending world poverty is amazing.
What would happen if the SEO community used that same level of influence to try to change the image of SEO for the better?
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.