Apparently MSN search is using neural net ranking system and is adding a few new commands.
I mentioned this to Kali tonight and he brought up a bit about genetic algorithms and how some older algorithms suffer at finding the optimal points on relevancy curves because the improved relevancy might not be easy to reach since some of the algorithm get stuck on smaller peaks.
I think Jon Glick told me that Yahoo! Search used self mutating genetic algorithms at the Las Vegas WebmasterWorld conference.
Do you have any favorite readings on genetic algorithms and the like?
MSN also dipped their toes into local search.
Other recent search stuff of interest...
- AltaVista founder to work for Google?
- San Jose SES details live
- Google SERP changes - top ads sometimes no longer go the full width of the screen.
- Google new payment product to not compete with PayPal. hmm why did they overshaddow PayPal's recent news then?
- TypePad partners with Kanoodle, although I think just selling direct links would make the bloggers far more cash.
- AOL new portal
- free click fraud monitor
- Fast Search & Transfer powers new Miva search product
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips