How to Be a Consultant:
Create The Warm Fuzzy Feelingâ„¢. Reading it certainly takes much longer than 10 minutes, but it is well worth it if you are considering becoming a consultant.
The list is great, but on the web / marketing front I would also add create affiliate and content sites to help build a stable income stream when down periods occur.
Even when you have few clients you help shore up your technical understand by creating things. If you create great sites then they will make money and you will be able to better filter what work you are willing to take on. If you create lousy sites then they will make for great research and will help you identify symptoms of a lousy site when prospective customers contact you.
As stated in that article, it can't be overly stressed
- how important it is to be easily available; &
- how amazingly well syndicated articles act as sophisticated salesmen
found on SearchEngineBlog
Information Retrieval Books:
A while ago I read A Theory of Indexing
by Gerard Salton. I also have heard good things about Information Retreival by C. J. "Keith" van Rijsbergen, and Modern Information Retrieval by Ricardo Baeza-Yates & Berthier Ribeiro-Neto. What information retrieval technology books have you read and liked? Wonder if guys like GoogleGuy have a favorite IR book :)
Ask Jeeves Buys Bloglines?
it is what people are saying...
Deregulating Relevancy in Internet Trademark Law
Would You Name Your PPC?
RipUsOff.com...just randomly came across it and after seeing so many articles about click fraud it would appear as though that name could be took the wrong way.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.