Interesting news item about the future of search.
Analyst Sue Feldman presented her views to the Enterprise Search Summit West.
- A convergence of tools in search.
- Move away from today's transaction based platform towards a knowledge platform.
- Improved capibilities in terms of concepts, relationships, and modes of communication, including speech
- One problem that needs solving is selection: which information do you trust?
- Getting the right information to the right people at the right time.
- Move from transactional computing to user-centric interaction models. See my early post about relationships.
- More automation of knowledge work across multiple devices.
- Search will eventually be embedded in the platforms and applications, as opposed to a separate function.
- Search will be at the center of interactive computing as search is language based - the human mode of communication.
Full post here.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.