When I did a recent Q&A thread one of the recurring themes with sites that were struggling was AdSense ads positioned above their content. Many websites are never given the chance to grow because they monetize too aggressively and look to spammy to enjoy the benefits of organic growth and community building.
Mentioned in this video:
- 96% of email is spam
- Corbis gives bloggers ad sponsored images - don't use them...just use Istockphoto
- Compete.com graph comparing a leading Mustang community to one that has limited exposure
- How Google enforces relevancy and grows profits: focus attention, evolving quality score, advertiser enabled filtering
- how to market viral videos
- Bootstrapping Blog - even good sites can diminish credibility a bit if the ad is not well blended into the content
- get charities to help you market your business, video about marketing techniques you should be using, and video about creating a self reinforcing authority
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.