I am sure many of the readers here already read Johnon.com, but if you do not yet read it check out John Andrews's blog on Competitive Webmastering. A couple of my favorite recent posts on his blog
Go Words - he describes a bit about LSI type technology, while also beating up an old and outdated definition from one of my other sites :) Also check out his comments on that page for his explanation of how having too much keyword proximity throughout your copy could flag the page to be filtered as an irrelevant attempt at manipulation. I have been trying to hammer away at Google with a page ranking for a wide basket of keywords, and have been having a bit of fun with this...am ranking in the top 5 for 11 of 12 target phrases thusfar, but only 12 for 12 is acceptable. :)
Nobody wants to be a Tool - John talks about his love for toolbars :)
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.