Yahoo! quarter profits flat, but they sold a bunch of their Google stock for over $100 million this time last year, so they had an impressive revenue increase. Their stock is up 6% on the day.
Yahoo said late Tuesday that net revenue, which excludes fees paid to distribution partners, leaped a better-than-expected 42% to $932 million. Of those sales, Yahoo's marketing-services business -- which is made up of branded and sponsored-search advertising -- accounted for 82%, or $761.8 million, up 40% from a year ago.
I can't believe Jux2 is a meta search engine without any revenue which uses scraping and is already up to $26,000 on eBay. Some of the top bidders are smart cookies too, so I am wondering what I am missing.
LookSmart needs to do a reverse split if they hope to stay listed on Nasdaq.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.