Google is notifying some banned sites about why they were banned:
Google is trying out a pilot program to alert site owners when we're removing their site for violating our guidelines.
Many people have complained about the lack of communication between search engines and webmasters. I think the Google is smart enough to realize that if they can automate better webmaster relations that means more good PR and a larger marketshare for them. Of course, automating stuff can sometimes backfire too. Surely some search marketers are going to be beta testing the new system.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.