RSS is eventually going to come under a heavy load. As marketers:
- create more and more RSS content generation tools (this one was announced today)
- the tool functionalities increase
- competition will cause prices to drop
huge numbers of people are going to be using RSS to create automated content streams.
RSS will become the next blog comment in the evolution of search. Since the content is legible, and some technologies make it easy to grab many related posts on a given topic, it might be a bit hard for search engines to distinguish the difference between original blog posts and fake feeder blogs that just recompile market data from various sources. Some people may even make legitimate regular posts to combine with the automated streams to make them seem more legitimate or manually compiled.
With hundreds of channels on a given topic you know that search engines are going to be in for some fun. This is yet another reason it will be hard for search engines to move away from link based relevancy systems.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.