Google AdWords 123 is a 115 page affiliate marketing ebook by Greg Heslin. While he uses AdWords as the theme & title, the book is more of a beginners guide to affiliate marketing.
Things I liked about Google AdWords 123:
- Focuses on consumer groups and how consumers think instead of focusing just on keywords. for example:
- items which would be ordered discreatly (due to embarasement or the like) with little free information on the web is a good thing to sell.
- he is willing to go agains conventional marketing gurus a few time, explaining his reasoning when he does
- he has a long history in marketing and covers tips such as Attention, Interest, Desire, & Action
- points out how to find good sales letters (looking for things like personal experience)
- pointed out some free quality resources that I have not seen mentioned elsewhere. a few examples:
- Does not sugar coat things or make them seem too complex. Gives the exact way he figures out what to bid.
- his guide walks users through setting up their first campaign. He also reminds them that some people may take up to 20 tries to find a profitable product & helps them determine if or when they should pause or delete a word or campaign.
Things I thought could be improved with Google AdWords 123:
- The book uses affiliate links. I think these are part of the reason why it is cheaper than many similar competing ebooks, but sometimes authenticity of recommendation is questioned when affiliate links are used. A while ago some people complained to me when I used some of them (and so I quickly removed the ones I used).
- Does not recommend creating separate campaigns with lower bids for content ads. Content ads will typically less have less implied demand and value than search ads.
- does not talk about dynamic keyword insertion, which is huge for helping ads appear relevant and encouraging high clickthrough rates.
- points out that software automation is important for effectively using time, but does not point out keyword combination tools such as GoogEdit, ThePermutator, or this one.
Overall I thought it was a pretty good ebook, and at under $50 it was well worth it. Visit the Google AdWords 123 website to learn more.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.