The year is almost out, and tax time is just around the corner. Here are some tips for SEOs and web marketers on how to lower your income by increasing your expenses.
- Donate to Charity - want to do some good? Why not donate some cash to a good charity?
- Domain registration - make sure your domains are registered for at least 5 years.
- Buy a better name - does your domain name suck? Now is the perfect time to buy a better one.
- Hosting - have hosting bills coming up soon? Pay them early.
- Directory registration - if any of your good sites are not yet listed in BOTW, Business.com, JoeAnt, or the Yahoo! Directory then submit before the year is out
- Yahoo! Search Marketing - if you are a big user of Yahoo Search Marketing you can pay a few thousand extra in advance
- Affiliates (& other Marketing Costs) - do you have payments that are typically done on the first of the month? Consider paying them early.
- Website design & custom programming - need new features or a fresh look to take your website to the next level? Make that down payment made in the next couple days.
- Software & tools - thinking about trying out a piece of software? Now is a great time to buy.
- Sell loser stocks - did you buy CountryWide at $45 earlier this year? Get the writedown you deserve.
What are your best tax tips?
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.