Scott Karp mentioned that RSS has no value without a filter. RSS already has filters, but most people probably do not use them to their full potential.
- Your top trusted editors in each category already are human editors / filters. As you go deeper into any category you find more duplication.
- Many blog platforms allow you to subscribe to an individual category.
- Yahoo! Pipes (and other similar offerings) allow you to mix feeds together.
- Sites like Del.icio.us, StumbleUpon, and Google Feed Reader allow you to share items with others.
- Many toolbar providers offer buttons that update with the latest news from an RSS feed.
- Custom news search feeds and blog link search feeds make it easy to track keywords outside of your favorite editorial channels.
- Google personalized homepage allows you to create tabs for different news. I have tabs to track SEO, domaining, marketing, general web memes, news mentions and link acquisition of sites I am currently marketing. By paying attention to the people I trust or the people who are voting for my sites I am probably making the votes count more.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.