So a while ago a friend of mine created a tool called hub finder. While the tool functioned, there were some features that I thought would make it cooler. Another one of my friends had spare time, I had a bit of spare cash, so we worked out a deal and hub finder has been revised.
The gist of hub finder is to find hub sites and hub pages to get links from (as those links may help more in many modern search algorithms). The new features of Hub Finder 2.0 include:
- optional CSV output of link research results
- finds hub sites that may link to similar resources from slightly different pages. each link is marked with an X and links to the page the link is on.
- allows you to set the search depth... since Yahoo! places many of the best links near the top of the backlink list this can be used to help filter noise.
- allows you to set the number of matching domain names... this can be used to help filter noise or find the most important hubs.
- optionally allows you to compare the backlinks for the top 10 ranked sites in Yahoo! for any term. (I may eventually add a Google API Key area for grabbing the top Google results and comparing their Yahoo! backlinks.)
- does mix and match, allowing you to look at sites you entered, top ranked Yahoo! sites, or any mix of the two
- allows a forced inclusion feature. using this feature can require that a site links at a specific page or site and any other combination of related resources.
- lists how many hub pages were found out of the total number of sites analyzed.
- if you want you can grab the source code for hub finder 2.0 here
Please let me know if you mirror the tool so I can link to some of the mirrors and please let me know what you think of Hub Finder.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.