When Google update florida occured about a year and a half ago some people viewed it as a way to bias the results to non commercial or informational type listings. If search engines can train users to use the search resuls for information and ads for commercial sites then that could do a large bit to change the face of SEO.
Combine that idea with:
- most searches being unique
- the longer and more unique queries typically have higher conversion rates
- giving away information builds credibility (in linkage data, consumer trust, & karma)
- building communities builds an abundance of content
and you can see why / how people without much money can compete with large evil megacorps by building up from the bottom and working their way toward the middle.
I may be beta testing a new SEO tool this week. Trying it out will be free. More on that later :)
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.