.JOBS and .TRAVEL:
to come late 2005
Cheap Promotional Technique:
throw some political ad on Google. after you get a ton of press coverage say it was an accident.
Google adds direct answers to SERPs.
Words which rarely occur in a search index likely are more likely to be more descriminant than common words and thus likely have greater term weight.
Search Research & Spam Papers for AIRweb:
Gary Price also stated that A Taxonomy of Web Spam (PDF) was recently updated, and they covered that in the forums here. Here is a list of some of the newer Stanford research papers.
Jeff Weiner, VP of Yahoo! Search, chats about search and customizing software.
Good Forum Thread:
about Google's new patent.
accepts user feedback and editing, although I can't imagine it is as appealing to add content next to their ads.
Oil & You:
The Long Emergency
Stor Troopers are back :)
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.