Once you have a trusted brand you can create low value white label brands that are given a free pass by search engine editors based on the trust of your core brand. These can feed back profits to your main site in many ways, including allowing you to:
- filter link juice to your mother brand site, which is especially useful for temporal news or in categories where link building is tough
- create additional ad inventory that sells at the premium CPM rate of your core brand (see also: Extending the Reach / Circulation of a Web Based Content Site & Ad Network)
- extend to new markets without requiring you to risk tarnishing your main brand
There are many ways to extend, including
- subdomains (eBay is the master of subdomains)
- related brand sites (US News & World Report launched RankingsAndReviews.com, which touches virtually every high paying category)
- editorial channels tracking the marketplace of your main brand (Yahoo! Buzz published a blog post titled "About That Ringtone")
- sites owned by fake affiliates that you claim no ownership of (use affiliate software to track your sister sites and remove blame from your company)
What tips to do you have for extending your reach while protecting your brand?
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.