Once you have a trusted brand you can create low value white label brands that are given a free pass by search engine editors based on the trust of your core brand. These can feed back profits to your main site in many ways, including allowing you to:
- filter link juice to your mother brand site, which is especially useful for temporal news or in categories where link building is tough
- create additional ad inventory that sells at the premium CPM rate of your core brand (see also: Extending the Reach / Circulation of a Web Based Content Site & Ad Network)
- extend to new markets without requiring you to risk tarnishing your main brand
There are many ways to extend, including
- subdomains (eBay is the master of subdomains)
- related brand sites (US News & World Report launched RankingsAndReviews.com, which touches virtually every high paying category)
- editorial channels tracking the marketplace of your main brand (Yahoo! Buzz published a blog post titled "About That Ringtone")
- sites owned by fake affiliates that you claim no ownership of (use affiliate software to track your sister sites and remove blame from your company)
What tips to do you have for extending your reach while protecting your brand?
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips