Nick Carr posted about Google's plans to police the web. Imagine if you give Google your data that they certify you with some symbol of trust. And if you don't, you are less likely to be certified unless you have a preponderance of other quality signals. Guilty until proven innocent is the way of the relevancy algorithms. Why would the safety algorithms be any different?
What happens to your sites rankings and sales if it is unrated or deemed potentially risky? Fear is a compelling marketing mechanism. AOL has used it for how many years?
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.