I think the Las Vegas Pubcon from November 14 to November 17 is probably going to be the SEO event of the year.
Here is my top 18 reasons to attend...
- At $489 (currently), conference passes are exceptionally affordable.
- If you are cheap (as I am), Las Vegas is a cheap city to travel to. Many of the hotels cost like $30 a night if you book them with your flight. Circus Circus anyone?
- Caveman will be there. He will be mad at me for listing that last item, and thus I will correct my stance by offering up the next item.
- If you like a sweet suite there are numerous 5 star hotels. Bellagio anyone?
- Danny Sullivan will keynote, which means a chance to meet Danny AND there will probably be even more crossover between the SES and WMW crowds.
- Last year one of my friends won over $25,000 playing blackjack.
- Sweetest session ever!
- It is warm there.
- Many of my friends are going to an SEO conference for the first time, including John, Giovanna, and some of the Andy Hagans posse.
- I think my recent diet has been going better than Andy's, I weigh less now, and I will use the opportunity to gloat. If I can get below 200 lbs., Andy will be forced to eat haggis.
- Werty will be eating Kobe style beef. He intends to try his best to experience a full on meat coma.
- I get to speak on a panel with Rand.
- I will get to meet many other friends I haven't seen in a while.
- Travel within Las Vegas is easy via the monorail.
- I have lots of new cartoon t-shirts to wear.
- Related to last item, Joe Morin will likely host at least one clothing intervention :)
- With so much spam marketing covering the streets of Vegas Matt will have his guard and spam sensors de-tuned.
- Cirque du Soleil...rumor has it, Werty has a surprise guest appearance in the show this year.
Other preparation notes: if you wear white sneakers expect to get bounced by the bouncers! Some of them hate shorts too.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.