Many sites are highly authoritative but make no money. Many sites are optimized for revenue generation, but have little authority. If you can find a way to get a foot in each pond you will make far more that most people who have both types of sites but do not combine them.
The easiest way to build authority is to either buy a site from someone who is not leveraging it, or to think about that angle before you get to big into the commercial realm (ie: build socially important issues into your marketing message or a portion of your target audience). Almost any authoritative site has related highly commercial topics which can be added to the site without risking lowering the site quality much. For example, you can rarely go wrong with topic + education.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.