At TW we mentioned that a number of people hosting with IPowerWeb had mysterious subdomains show up out of nowhere.
Read Massa's post about how Google is trusting these subdomains way too much based on the link popularity and trust of the main domain. Anytime someone says that they site your content is on does not matter this is a good example to disprove their theory. Clearly this example demonstrates site specific relevancy values. Also take a look at the wide array of queries the content is ranking for.
Clearly with the spammer owning 60% of Google's search results for thousands of queries you can see they are in need of an algorithm update.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.