Search Engine Watch has another thread on the Sandbox concept.
Mike Grehan tends to think Sanbox is synonymous with garbage website, but much of his perspective may be biased by the size and quality of the clients he works worth.
Andy Hagans writes about search results becoming more like the real world in how they learn to trust marketing and branding.
Jason D hints that the sandbox effect may not apply to all TLDs. Numerous friends have confirmed this with me.
Orion has a great post about researching the effects of site age on PageRank and relevancy.
In the next 6 months many of Google's algorithms will likely greatly shift away from trusting raw link popularity and domain / link age to go more toward rate of change.
Lots of good stuff in there. It's really worth a read for anyone interested in SEO.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.