In many ways a link in and of itself may not constitute a vote of quality. How do you discount sites like FT selling hidden links or links that are out of the way ads?
Brian thinks search engines may use clickstream data.
Throwing out the book on SEO is another post covering site visitor action, and the concept has to be at least a bit valid because Rand's recent beginner's guide to SEO already ranks in the top 30 for SEO. If you look at Rand's link trend or Del.icio.us information you can see that he has had a sharp increase in viral linking and SVA recently.
Peter D recently posted on finding relevancy in hyper saturated markets. The solution to the problem?
- buy old
- go viral
- do both
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.