I posted stuff like this before, but did not give away all my insider secrets. What would you do for a link? ;)
- Create a quizes or contest
- Get the top score in a quiz doah, I should have cheated - talk about black hat link building ;)
- Win the Cooney Island hot dog eating contest.
- See how much weight you can gain in a month.
- Tell someone they are out to lunch. Has got me a few links.
- Say something out to lunch or offensive.
- Buy someone lunch. Give them something to talk about. Any Penn State proffesors want a free lunch? email me. If your university position is high enough and your university has a great link reputation I am also will to fly.
- Go to college to become a system administrator and web designer for a school. A friend of mine as a freshman was both last year. I am thinking this friendship may soon grow leaps and bounds.
- Get a crap job you do not care about. Write a humorous blog about it until you get fired for it.
- Have your child send $8.43 cash to the government to help pay down the federal debt. Make sure you are available for press comments and get links in your coverage.
- Move to Texas. They have big links there.
- Always carry a big flag around with you. Even in the shower.
- Help your local congressman get reelected. Get links from their site.
- Join the local government.
- Draft government bills with Orwellian terms, calling them exact opposite of what they do.
- Point out said flaws in Government bills.
- Join the military and work the .mil link angle.
- Buy your way into the government for .gov links. If you can not afford this move to a poorer country where you can afford to buy your way in.
- Get on the terrorist list by being a peaceful Muslim.
- Work on a plan to overthrow your government.
- Join or start a religious cult.
- Go to a conference - I go to learn too - but there is lots of link popularity floating around at conferences. I have got a free PR9 link from a conference I went to.
- Wear crazy clothes to a conference.
- Eat lots of food at the conferences. Refuse to bathe, use deoderant, or change clothes while at the conference. Tell everyone how you have had a lucky streak and did not want to change anything.
- Go to Vegas. Climb to the top of a casino and repeatedly yell jackpot while jumping up and down.
- Get on Donald Trumps TV show. Compete with him in a money losing contest. Take lots of pictures of yourself.
- Create a competing show and / or tell Donald what you think of him.
- buy a sports team. be its biggest rabid fan.
- Become a pro wrestler. you can do it young.
- Go streaking at a sporting event.
- Get caught on tape doing something illegal yet humorous.
- Get on a radio show. A friend of mine who used to sell adult sex toys (he sold his site, but it still ranks #1 for his primary keyword phrases) would go on the radio to get them to link to him. The shaddier your marketplace is the more value legitimate links.
- Donate or help someone with their site.
- Fix someone's car tire on the side of the road.
- Accidentally wreck into the car of a famous person, obscenely exclaim it was their fault, and then sue them.
- Get ran over by a rich person. etc.
- Become a semi stalker. Sue the celebrity for stalking you.
- Admit yourself to a psych ward or rehab where you know a link rich person is currently at.
- Tell others that they should start a site, knowing they will link to you.
- Create free tools or software with powered by or designed by links in them.
- Intentionally do something to get sued by a large overbearing company.
- Date or marry an annoying overhyped celebrity or marry into a link rich family.
- Talk about your brother's court case. Create a phpbb skin for a site pleeding his innocence. <-- cheap marketing. more people should do that.
- Routinely have cosmetic surgery done that deforms your face.
- Talk about Google showing nude pictures of LaToya Jackson when safesearch is on. What is that? That is not safe.
- Talk about how Google is ruining the world.
- Place controvercial 5 cent AdWords ads for hot issues.
- Talk Google's stock down at $85 and less than a year later talk it up at $260. Give people the hype they want. Avoid honest investment advice.
- Fraudulently invest others money on a massive scale. Serve 6 months and get a lifetime of free linkage.
- Start a .com company with an ignorant business model. See if you can lose money fast enough to build serious linkage data.
- Join the Global Neuroscience Initiative Foundation board of advisors. I still need to help them some with on the SEO front a bit, and get a link on that page. If nothing else this is a personal reminder. I think the brain is really cool and would love to learn a lot more about it. I think that is a kick ass project. :)
- Become a verb. The domain (http://www.verb.com/) is a ppc directory site
- Assume a fake identity. Sneak into the pressidential press room and ask bogus questions. Make it easy to find out that you work with gay porn sites. It has been done.
- Stay awake and stare at your computer long enough to make random lists until you actually post one.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.