Not sure how "new" this is, but it is a cool tool for free.
Text Link Brokers added a free themed backlink grabber tool to their site.
- the keyword you are interested in
- the desired minimum PageRank
- Number of search result pages
- & your email address
The tool then cross references the backlinks pointing into competing websites and returns a list of websites which meet your minimum PageRank requirement and link to two or more sites that were ranked in the search results.
Pages that link to multiple competing sites are appealing link targets since they frequently are likely to link to your site too.
The tool takes a good deal of time to run because it has to do a ton of data processing.
Gmail clipped the email so I did not see the whole report, but what I saw looked rather useful. The email is available in both HTML and CSV formats.
One potential negative to using this tool is that you may be exposing your industry to the eyes of an influential link broker who may be working for a competitor, may soon help a competitor, or may become a competitor [added: Jarrod below commented that they do not use the data in any way other than to process the report].
Links (from people like me blogging about tools like this) have an intrinsic value which may make giving away some tools more rewarding than selling them.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.