These are some of the interesting things that happened while I was getting married.
- My server was down hard on the day before my wedding, and DNS was propagating to the new server the day of my wedding. I have not tested all the tools and whatnot, please let me know if you see any errors or issues. I am so lucky to have such a loving wife.
- Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams: video of the final lecture by Randy Pausch.
- Paul Graham on the Future of Web Startups. I am hoping to launch one before this year is out.
- Americans flunk self-assessment. Overarching optimism and being defensive cause us to make bad decisions. Independent third parties are much better at evaluating us honestly than we are at evaluating ourselves.
- Justilien Gaspard explained how the value of the market determines the value of link building.
- Eli did a follow up post to his SEO Empire post.
- SnapNames lost their Network Solutions partnership. NameJet is the name of the auction house selling the premium Network Solutions inventory.
- Google launched their conversion optimizer, but Andrew Goodman warns you why you shouldn't use it. As long as optimization means more money for the house, then the job security and demand for consulting only increases. Andrew wishes for third party auditing of click quality.
- The view of globalization is dimming.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.