Imagine turning a Firefox extension into the base for an ad network. Someone just did that, as Patrick Gavin recently announced that ScribeFire is launching an ad network and ad optimization service for bloggers. They are currently in limited beta testing, but if you want to sign up your blog quickly you can be one of the first to try it out by emailing them at email@example.com.
An extension to a social network usually does not create such an opportunity, but if you create a brand and destination around the extension and aggressively market it there are opportunities to expand your business. Which sorta makes me want to make SEO for Firefox better and come up with some sort of cool strategy for it. Have any ideas?
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.