ShoeMoney highlights how marketing for some mobile packages are even scammier than ringtones. Imagine how dirty the web is going to be in a couple years. Matt talks up Google, but will a central body like Google even be able to to draw the line between optimization and spamming? Especially when much of the "spam" is the source of much of their revenue?
In response to Graywolf's great post, Rich Skrenta thinks Google is a cause of the problem rather than providing a solution. Amoral profit driven machines recommend whatever pay the most, even if the offer is illegal.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.