Get Listed is a cool tool for seeing how your website looks in local search, and to aid you in submitting your site to local search engines.
Wordtracker announced they will be launching a new version of their keyword tool soon.
FairShare helps you track scrapers publishing your content.
WebReader makes it easy for people to click a button that makes your blog speech enabled.
SEOmoz announced they retooled their backlink anchor text analysis tool using their Linkscape data, which they also released an API for.
Majestic SEO created a neighboring sites search.
Wolfram Alpha is to launch in May as an answer engine. I predict that launch strategy will create branding issues (like not being able to outsource the blame for their poor algorithms onto spammers - like Google does) but if the tool is decent it might be a great tool to use when researching content generation ideas. The new CashKeywords toolbar also looks quite useful for researching content ideas.
Mozilla is testing collecting usage data to create open research, hopefully they don't pull an AOL with the data though.
Some developers are creating new tools to analyze Wikipedia.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.