To attract better students colleges are paying current students to blog about their experiences on campus. When old institutions like those are already embracing the web (and using refer a friend type marketing techniques) that has to hint at the raw untapped marketing power and strong growth potential of the web. It also makes me appreciate how cluttered the web will be with information.
Most everything related to information outside of marketing is moving toward free. Marketing is often the only thing that separates what is perceived as valuable and what is not. Perception is reality.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.