It looks as though Scoreboard Media is pumping out better content than Tropical SEO. This post is no exception.
Iâ€™m constantly amazed at how many of these â€œSEO Firmsâ€ with the big followings generate little to no income from their own projects. If there is a stronger signal of quality for a lack of confidence in their own ability, I canâ€™t think of it.
If anyone with more than 3 years of experience is allocating more than 50% of their time to consulting, Iâ€™m going on record as doubting their skills.
Why is it so important for a consultant to market their own sites?
- During periods of uncertainty having limited obligations creates easy income opportunities - one reacts to the market quicker.
- So we can do risky stuff without risking client sites. Not testing limits is intellectually dishonest and defeats the purpose of calling oneself an optimizer.
- Better pay. Building growing passive income streams is far better than getting paid by the hour.
- Growing passive revenue streams help the consultant get a baseline for their value and ensure they value their time.
- A reasonable consulting rate filters out the worst potential clients while attracting high value clients.
- Passive revenue streams allow us to be selective with clients, working with the rare client worth taking on, and extracting enough profit from them to deliver them significant value.
- We learn how to spread ideas better if we are pushing things we are passionate about. It is hard to be passionate about a client site and see their full potential unless I pushed myself first. We learn when...
- good ideas spread;
- when good ideas do not spread;
- when we see garbage spread; and,
- when we see things backfire.
- Seeing junk spread and figuring out why some good ideas do not teaches you much more than when the market acts as you would expect.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.