As a marketer, in most cases you can not shape public opinion or create a profitable economy of scale unless you understand how words are used in a manipulative manner to shape opinion to create profit for external antimarket institutions (like Google).
Looking through economic history and the history of linguistics enables you to realize opportunities when others are not being honest or consistent in their policies, and it helps you form an argument which enables you to sound logical and reasonable while reframing the debate at an appropriate time. (For example, let's look at Google's nofollow policies.)
If you like to read I highly recommend reading A Thousand Years of Nonlinear History. Thusfar it is the most important book I have ever read, and is worth far more than my SEO Book, even though it will cost you less than $20. It is not for everyone, but if you are able to understand abstract patterns I doubt you will ever find another book that is more important or convincing at shaping your worldview to a more impartial or profitable worldview.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.