I am a big fan of the guys at FutureNow. I have yet to read their last book and they already have another one out. Mike Grehan recently interviewed them largely about user conversion after search (30 minute audio here). A few tips from the interview:
- Many marketers still focused on the search engine, not the visitor experience after the search.
- To do well think of a scenario of what a search is really looking for when they search.
- Don't try to match the personality type for average person. Search for those with extreme needs and write for them.
- Give the people what they want or give them a link to what they want. Answer the questions they are interested in that they need answered before they would consider buying.
- Predict their next click.
- Assume that your site visitors will largely ignore top and side navigational elements.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.