SEO Question: Aaron, In you opinion, what is the best resource to obtain for learning how to developing landing pages? SEO Answer: An area of limited experience here, but here are my thoughts...
- When Jason Lexell releases his landing page guide it will be good. You may want to shoot him an email and say Aaron Wall sent ya...will help motivate him to finish publishing it and I promise it will be good.
- I have yet to read them, but I am certain the offerings from WilsonWeb
and MarketingSherpa are good as well.
- Future Now is good stuff for conversion marketing tips. They have a couple great books for sale and offer a free newsletter at Grok dot com.
- Usability consultants are good. you can get a custom review at an
exceptionally affordable rate from Usability Effect.
- The Big Red Fez is a decent quick cheap book that may give you a few ideas.
- Some marketers selling software and electronic information that push affiliate marketing hard have landing pages that convert well.
Looking at the top selling Clickbank products will help you find many great sales letters / conversion techniques for different selling products at different price points.
For expensive items it may work best to capture the lead via email before selling too hard and then pound away at them with an auto-responder system.
A couple basic landing page tips:
- Be sensitive to the audiences needs with the tone of your content.
- Landing pages that seem like self help pages which fixed problems the writer also had convert well.
- People like to see pictures of other people near testimonials and the like. If you can get audio testimonials those will likely help out quite a bit.
- Limiting options by doing things like striping out site navigation can improve conversion rates.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.