Why chose Yahoo!?
- provide control to publishers - not a black box
- quality network
- competitive revenue opportunity (over 100,000 ad buyers)
- opportunity to integrate with Yahoo! content & Yahoo! users
custmoer service & community
Size of Yahoo! Publishing beta?
approximately 2,000 publishers
they just launched ads in rss feeds
- open to all beat participants
- diversifies rev ops
- aligns w growing shift to rss
- supports movabletype and wordpress
- ads optimized to drive revenue
Yahoo! stated some think 5-6% of web users use rss but Yahoo! research showed it was closer to 30% of web users.
Jen asked if Yahoo! has anything similar to Google AdWords smart pricing?
- not needed for the following reasons
- allows advertisers to bid separately for the different content channels
- Yahoo! is more selective with partners
Jen asked when Yahoo! Publisher would be global
likely early 2006
plans for an affiliate program?
want to work to lower bar to make it easier for publishers to make money and work with Yahoo!...will allow affiliate program and will likely eventually support cpm pricing
wide range of topics on one site...how to be relevant?
can target ads at page level, directory level, or site level...can allow page or directory to override the site level targeting
going to change rev share percentage after beta?
absolutely not, but eventually may use traffic quality to adjust click price
Will Yahoo! offer behavioral targeting on contextual ads?
no nearterm plans, but may eventually
Rate of revshare / how compare to Google AdWords?
Yahoo! does not share the revshare %. more interested in being competitive in allow you to monetize.
revshare by publisher will vary over time
may eventually say you are in x range... to get in another range you may need to (get more traffic higher quality clicks etc)
Jen said targeting was no good at start...now better...is it where it needs to be?
still working to improve...pleased with speed at which it is being made better
Will Yahoo! offer a premium publisher program?
may give advertisers more control over who working with. but even small publisher may be premium if quality targeted traffic etc
How long will Yahoo! publisher in beta?
maybe toward end of q1
Jen asked plan on cpm ads?
may add cpm cpa. yahoo already does cpm on internal network
Will Overture drop the minimum bid?
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips