Stressed why people should link at you. Don't spread articles too thin just to get page views. Make things convenient to read and link at. Mike also said that some search engines might be looking at the text around links.
He stated why waste time building a link directory when you can just build good content, but I think a good directory can be good content.
Mike also stated that ezines and the like can yield underpriced links.
Went over a bunch of link strategies, including many of the tools and things I post about on the blog often.
Jim Boykin stressed who you link to and your linking neigborhood. Mentioned tools such as Google related: search function and Google TouchGraph.
Jim manually sends link exchange request emails, and said he finds it works well to tell others what it is in it for them before asking for a link.
Went over finding / hiring / motivating link builders. Said he had great luck on Craigslist, and that many people hire interns & students.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.