One memorable example of psychological targeting a friend at an SEO conference gave as a technique to exploit the guilt feeling was upselling a computer cleaner announcing that a computer is infected after a person views a porn website, warning how would your boss or wife feel if they knew you were viewing porn sites.
MediaPost just blogged about a survey which concludes that women shopping habits are consistent throughout life:
According to a new online survey of over 3,000 women, ages 18-49, by AMP Agency, how a woman approaches shopping does not change as she grows older, shifts from life stage to life stage, moves from region to region, has children, or moves income brackets. A woman's approach to shopping is very much part of who she is: "it is part of her DNA."
Google has a patent for targeting in game ads based on user psychology. How far those ads get optimized remains to be seen, but creating media which makes it easy to understand and target the psychological flaws of users will become far more profitable as media titans and marketers invest more capital in understanding psychology and behavioral targeting.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.