I have not done lots of affiliate marketing for others yet, but I am still learning some stuff about it. I really would love to learn PHP and go to the Affiliate Summit, but until then I will learn bits and pieces at a time.
Having affiliates can show you some of the unique ways they market. Most affiliates do not push stuff very hard, but around 1 or 2% do. Some will create review sites and then even go so far as to tell you how they are marketing them.
I also am an affiliate for a few companies. It looks like some of them are cross referencing internal information with linkage data to competing sites to push stuff at affiliates.
Where are your favorite sources for affiliate information?
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.