Not sure if I posted about this before, but sometimes just by being around you get links. Having an outgoing personality like Dax helps as well, but I have got many links just by being around. I have also met many people way smarter than I who offer me many free tips about business related issues.
The following bit has nothing to do with Dax, but is related to speaking at conferences in general. Sometimes you will see speakers who seem to have little to do with a topic. When questioning why they are there don't just think about learning and sharing, maybe they are tapping into some free public relations and link building that is both legit and hard for their competitors to get.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.