Google removed their you are searching 8 billion + pages and reframes the size debate, encouraging people to use Google more and search more specifically. :)
Framing is huge in marketing. If you control the language then you win the battle.
Danny wrote a great article about the history of the search database size wars, going back to the days of AltaVista & Excite page counting.
Also interesting to note that Danny loves the Lego Star Wars video game, and searched for the same piece I did. Finding the missing Star Wars lego pieces via search is no doubt a hard task, especially using UK spellings.
Danny recently turned 40. Happy Bday Danny.
Astute SEW fans may find the hidden Annie Williams paintings present suggestion in his latest article. :)
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.