LSI Journal Articles
The following are journal articles relevant to the material covered in this overview. We welcome suggestions for expanding this list.
- Dumais, S. T., Landauer, T. K. and Littman, M. L. (1996)
"Automatic cross-linguistic information retrieval using Latent Semantic
Indexing." In SIGIR'96 - Workshop on Cross-Linguistic Information
Retrieval, pp. 16-23, August 1996.
- Foltz, P. W., Kintsch, W., and Landauer, T. K. (1998). The
Measurement of Textual Coherence with Latent Semantic Analysis.
Discourse Processes, 25, 285-307.
- Foltz, P. W. (1990) "Using Latent Semantic Indexing for
Information Filtering". In R. B. Allen (Ed.) Proceedings of the
Conference on Office Information Systems, Cambridge, MA, 40-47.
- Landauer, T. K., Foltz, P. W., and Laham, D. (1998). Introduction to Latent Semantic Analysis. Discourse Processes, 25, 259-284.
- Landauer, T. K. and Dumais, S. T. (1977) - html only, "Solution
to Plato's Problem: The Latent Semantic Analysis Theory of Acquisition,
Induction and Representation of Knowledge." Psychological Review, 1997,
104 (2), 211-240.
- Person, N. K., Graesser, A. C., Bautista, L., Mathews, E.
C., & the Tutoring Research Group (2001). Evaluating Student
Learning Gains in Two Versions of AutoTutor. In J. D. Moore, C. L.
Redfield, & W. L. Johnson (Eds.) Artificial intelligence in
education: AI-ED in the wired and wireless future (pp. 286-293).
Amsterdam, IOS Press.
- Rehder, B., Schreiner, M. E., Wolfe, M. B., Laham, D., Landauer, T. K., & Kintsch, W. (1998). Using Latent Semantic Analysis to assess knowledge: Some technical considerations. Discourse Processes, 25, 337-354.
- Robinson, C.S. & Burgess, C. Vocabulary Performance of HAL
and LSA Using a Standardized Performance Measure. Society for Computers
in Psychology, November 15, 2001.
Links to websites with comprehensive bibliographies on LSI and related techniques.
- Latent Semantic Indexing Website (University of Tennessee). Includes links to sites by Michael Berry and Susan Dumais, both of whom have done extensive work in LSI.
- Telcordia Technologies LSI links page. Comprehensive list of articles. Telcordia holds a patent in LSI.
- Knowledge Analysis Technologies. Company that makes an LSI product for automated essay assessment.
- AuthorTutor. Papers related to AuthorTutor.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License. 2002 National Institute for Technology in Liberal Education. For more info, contact the author.
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!