Native Manhattanite, I had four years of corporate IT experience before moving to Florida in 2004 to help my mom after my father died. I founded Brooksville Computer and since network engineering was a bit slow in the rural area I slowly began building web sites, gradually becoming a professional.
Based on the results of some years of web work I did for a 50 local business member site I designed and managed I was contracted by the County's tourism board to evaluate seven proposals from tourism site web development firms with bids ranging between $10k and $400k.
Part of the county government's requirements for these companies to be qualified to submit was the demand that they provide details on exactly how they were going to accomplish each of the county's demanded goals for the site. Therefore, the proposals contained advanced proprietary search engine optimization techniques, each one leaving out some critical piece of information, but each one providing clues to the information missing in the others. I further researched all topics using my own SEO knowledge and applied the techniques directly to my sites achieving positive results, probably advancing my skills a few more years in the process.
My focus since then has been solely on search engine optimization, and finding the right clients who can afford to properly implement all of what I have learned, both then and since.
- Member for
- 7 years 9 months
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.