I started my career working at SearchQuest UK as a keyword researcher and content writer -- back in '99. At that point SEO consisted of keyword meta tags and very little else!
After doing this for several summers (whilst studying for an ND in Music Technology at Preston College) I went off to university to study a HND in Music Technology.
On my return I went back to SearchQuest UK and started as their head SEO; where I spent the next three years. During this time I learnt how to properly optimise a site, how to market a site online and the basics of running a web based company.
From there i moved on to UFindUs and started as part of their SEO and web research team. This was a short position but it was highly educational and taught me valuable lessons in areas such as web copywriting, web research and customer care.
I now work as the On-line Marketing Manager at Piranha Marketing; where I am responsible for the on-line marketing, and seo of all client websites.
- Member for
- 7 years 3 months
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.