Katherine Watier is an online marketing professional with expertise in SEO, PPC, email, social media and web analytics. She is the VP of Social Media at Ketchum PR in Washington, DC. She was the Director of Online Marketing at Environmental Working Group where she increased traffic to the site from 300K to 1.2 million. Previously, as the Director of Online Strategies at OMP (a marketing consulting firm) she provided consulting services to nonprofits. Prior to OMP, she worked as the Director of Internet Marketing for Points of Light & Hands On Network (POLF/HON), and as the Director of Marketing & Sales for 1-800-Volunteer.org and HelpinDisaster.org. In both of those roles she educated nonprofits about best practices in search engine optimization and marketing related to capturing the interest of potential volunteers using online tools. She also managed the online marketing for all POLF/HON web properties.
Katherine started her professional career in service by joining National 4-H Council in 1999 as a member of the Alumni Development department, and in marketing roles at a datawarehousing consulting firm and at a telecom trade association. Katherine also worked for Youth Service America as the Field Manager for National Youth Service Day, where she managed and supported 50 lead agencies in planning and promoting large (300 to 75,000 volunteers per site) events for the weekend celebration and media campaign.
Katherine has a BA in Social Psychology from Hampshire College and a graduate degree in Technology Marketing & Business from Georgetown University.
- Member for
- 8 years 3 months
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.