David Petherick was described by the BBC as the world's first Digital Biographer in 2007, and is an expert in social media, blogging and online brand and reputation management. He has worked with many high profile individuals, and with several international corporations up to board level.
David is constantly keeping up-to-date with online marketing and social media developments, appearing on BBC News 24 and BBC Radio, and in The Scotsman, and has written for the EBRD, as well as several UK publications. Recent interviews in 2008 have included talks with Robert Scoble, Werner Vogels, the CTO at Amazon, and the head of Microsoft in Scotland. He speaks fluent Russian and good Spanish, and enjoys cooking, wines, travel, languages, literature, and "all things 2.0". He is one of the authors of the upcoming book "Age of Conversation 08"
As well as having founded and grown a number of startups in the language and business information sphere since 1993, David is founder and editor of the popular blog Digital Biographer.
David also edits for, and contributes regularly to the Next Web Blog which is closely related to the annual Next Web Conference, held in Amsterdam in April each year. He works mainly from his home town of Edinburgh in the UK, but also spends a good deal of time in Barcelona, London, Moscow and Amsterdam. He has been married to Roza Nazipova since meeting her in 1992, and they have been proud parents to Angelica since May 2000.
David has also been known to supply fine Scottish Malt Whisky to Diggnation live broadcasts. (See Diggnation Edition #144)
- Member for
- 8 years 9 months
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!
- Comprehensive competitive data: research performance across organic search, AdWords, Bing ads, video, display ads, and more.
- Compare Across Channels: use someone's AdWords strategy to drive your SEO growth, or use their SEO strategy to invest in paid search.
- Global footprint: Tracks Google results for 120+ million keywords in many languages across 28 markets
- Historical data: since 2009, before Panda and Penguin existed, so you can look for historical penalties and other potential ranking issues.
- Risk-free: Free trial & low price.