I am one of the many people who focus way too much on search engines and do not always give adequate coverage to directories. I was going to wait until Google updated PageRank before I mentioned a bunch of the newer directories, but here is my brief recap of recent directory news.
- A while ago John Scott sold BlueFind (one time $50 fee). He wants to create a search engine / portal and has another directory under development at SevenSeek.com (one time $40 fee).
- Topical Beach is another new directory. Rather empty still, but the submission cost is cheap (one time $13 fee). Topical Beach has a great name and may also have many sub portals using it software spring up. If it is done correctly it can work well. Even if it does not take off $13 is cheap.
- Ozami (one time $40 fee) is another new directory. Branded as a guys guide to the web. Not for everyone obviously, but if it is done correctly it could take off.
- Findhound is yet another directory from Clare at DiscountDomains. They have paid speedy reviews and slower free ones.
- DataSpear (one time $40 fee) is a now joint venture directory between the people at GoGuides and NAIS. I do believe DataSpear is currently on the same IP C block as GoGuides. Hopefully they will move it to a different one so it maximizes the value of being listed. [added: I am told that soon it will be on a unique C block IP address...good deal for all :) ]
- A couple of my buddies might be making directories and I shall post on them when they get them up.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips