If Google and Overture (which is owned by Yahoo!) are held liable in this case their margins will drop sharply because of:
- Payout to Geico.
- Others will likely soon sue them.
- Search engines will be forced to police trademark laws (which will be time consuming and expensive).
- Search engines will have less ad space they can sell.
In my opinion selling an ad next to search results is like selling an ad next to an article in newspapers. I am no judge though but hopefully they are found not guilty.
New to the site? Join for Free and get over $300 of free SEO software.
Once you set up your free account you can comment on our blog, and you are eligible to receive our search engine success SEO newsletter.
Already have an account? Login to share your opinions.
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses - like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips